Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother of a Week (Final Day)

"Her children rise up and call her happy...A woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
Proverbs 31: 28,30
Dear Lord, help me remember that you have placed me in my child's life as an example, a teacher and mentor as well as a caregiver. Give me the discernment to recognize "teachable moments" and the wisdom to know what to say at such moments. Keep me close to you through prayer and your Word, so that when opportunities for learning and sharing come, your precious words will flow through me.
Guiding Lord, I want to be the sort of mother in whom my children can see Jesus. Help me believe that the power of your mighty spirit will keep on working in me to make me more like Jesus. I know I am not always aware of the changes you are making in me, but I rely on you, Lord. Help me to reflect the qualities of Jesus and be a worthy example for my children. I'm trusting you to do your work within me.
Lord, when I see wisdom in the way my children think and act, all I can do is praise your grace. You know what a poor mother I am at times. You know my heartache when I recall some of the things I've said and done - and haven't said or done. Yet there is power and healing in your forgiveness. As we turn to you, you can turn things around for us. Continue to heal any harm that may come to my children because of me. As they grow, may they, too, come to know your great love and forgiveness. Amen

No comments: