Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother of a Week (Day 6)

Devin, Tisha, Ashley, Brandee, Christie, Randi
and many others
(Moms of Glory Babies)
Today is for the mothers who have lost a baby. Mother's Day is often bittersweet for us. We are thankful to God for choosing us to carry His children but deeply saddened when it doesn't last as long as we had hoped. Devin you have been a huge source of comfort for me, always reminding me of the spiritual side of our hurt. Tish we both struggle with our babies being forgotten, but the Lord knows them by name, what a reassuring thought. I know I can always be real with you about my pain. Ashley you have taught me to look at the positive side of my pain. "We don't have a lifetime of memories but they are enough to last a lifetime". You remind me that God's timing is perfect and He has counted all our days on this earth. Brandee and Christie, I thought I was alone in my suffering until I spoke with you both. You are an encouragement as to how God can and will bless you after a loss. And Randi, I have never met you but have heard so much about you. Your losses are many but endurance is great. Your courage speaks volumes to me and I am excited about your pregnancy. I know there are so many other women who have lost babies and I just want to say that we serve an AWESOME GOD who has great plans for our lives. Happy Mother's Day.
P.S. I was once told that God didn't take my babies, He received them!
Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

Devin said...

Brandy--Meeting you has been MY pleasure....we have both helped each other! I hope this day is wonderful for you, and thank you for your sweet, kind words!