Thursday, June 18, 2009

Father's Day: Day4

Grandpa Hughes, Kildea, & Hisel
aka My Grandfathers
You have been an influence on me since I was little. I remember and cherish the memories I have from childhood about all three of you. Papa Hughes, I laugh when I think about our many golf lessons and croquet games in the back yard and trips to the flee market. Grandpa Kildea, I wish so badly that I could go back to the lake house just one more time. I loved the scavenger hunts you would plan and the SPAM for breakfast. Grandpa Hisel, I remember so little about about you because you left us too soon. I do remember how tall you were. I thought you were a giant. But my dad has told me so many stories about you. He really loves and misses you. I am sure he gets his love of cars and speed from you. I think you would be proud of the dad he has become, I am. But what I am most thankful for is the amazing job you all did raising my parents. Thank you for not strangling them when they drove you crazy. I love you all.

No comments: