Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Father's Day: Day 1

Tyrel Wayne Pickard
aka My Husband
Where to begin and what to say. I love you so much. You are the father to my three sweet babies and my best friend. I can't think of anyone I would rather spend time with than you. I remember when we found out we were pregnant and later that we were having a boy, you were worried about being a good role model for him. I don't think you can do any better. G lights up when he sees his daddy and loves everything about you. I can tell already that he wants to be just like you, from wearing dirty work boots to riding the dirt bike. I truly can't ask for a better father for Graydon than the one God has granted. We have two babies in heaven that I'm sure are so proud of their daddy too. This past year has been so rough and I couldn't have gotten through it without you. Even when you are in despair you still find ways to bring me up and remind me to look to the Lord for comfort and grace. I remember one day in particular that I was struggling with losing our babies, that you swept me in your arms and forever changed my heart. I was having a hard time dealing with our babies not having an identity and I wanted to name them so they would not be forgotten by other. That's when you told me, "I like to think that Jesus has named our babies for us and one day we will hear them." those were words straight from God because I have not worried about it since. I thank God daily for you and cannot ever express what you really mean to me. I love you Boog

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that was beautiful!