Tuesday, April 14, 2009

When Your World Falls Apart

What do you do when your world falls apart? When does enough become too much to handle? How do you fight the darkness when you have the light of the Lord in your heart?

These questions have been tormenting me for the past 2 weeks. So many people around me, the ones I love so dearly, are hurting inside. A pain that as a mother losing 2 children, I have not even felt. The weird thing is these people are christians who love the Lord. If they have the light of the Lord IN them why are they haunted by the darkness AROUND them. Don't tell me they need more prayer in their lives because I and others have been on our knees lifting them up. I have witnessed them on their knees literally crying out just to be left in the darkness again. (Don't get me wrong I am a true believer in prayer and will continue to pray for these individuals) I am just struggling with what to say to these people, whom I would take all their pain if I could. All I can say is that there is HOPE in the Lord!

When you think all hope is gone and you're going to be stuck in this pit of despair the Lord says, "Never will I leave you nor forsake you" Hebrews 13:5b. Remember the promise the Lord gives, "Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29.

I know you guys are tired and are ready to give up but don't. Let your weary souls find rest in the Lord. The darkness around you is of the world and only God can shine His light on it. He will bring you out of the darkness and into His light, in His time, not yours. Steadfast one day at a time.

2 comments:

Kara said...

When the world falls apart
And you fear for your heart
There's a tower of peace
It's still the cross

Lyrics from FFH "It's Still the Cross"

This is what will get people through!

Janice said...

The words to a song that have helped me through some tough times are:
"Hold me, hold me, I'm in the midst of a storm. Jesus, hold, me, hold me. I'll be safe in my Father's arms."