Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving






Last night we decided to do some pumpkin carving. Since I found it necessary to buy 6 pumpkins, we thought we might need some help from the Reids. Here is Tyrel coaching "The Boys" in proper carving technique. Caden was more interested in holding the train light (he gave it that name) and the 2 little ones were fighting over which marker to use to color their special pumpkin. Then there is Kara carving a pumpkin for the first time. Caden was so funny, he kept coming over to me asking, "How am I doing on my pumpkin?" when it was me or Kara carving it for him.

Now for the finished products...



Tyrel carved a buck (of course), I carved a cross/Jesus fish, and for "The Boys" Thomas the Train (which looks a little like Mickey Mouse, or Arthur)













4 comments:

Kara said...

Love it, we had so much fun! Caden was a little sad when we had to leave Thomas at your house. I guess I am going to suck it up and carve another one for him here!

Mandy said...

Love the pumpkins. I really can't beliebe it was the first time Kara ever carved a pumpkin! What a deprived child.

Ashley said...

love it!

Ashley said...

love it! You can't beat carving pumpkins! where did you get the templates We are carving more tonight and they use to sell kits and I can't find them anymore.