Friday, October 10, 2008

James 2:26 & Ephesians 2:10

So as some of you know I have been a christian for about 10 yrs now. You would think I would have this "living for Christ" thing down pack by now but I don't. I believe that God sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for my sins so I could spend eternity with them both one glorious day. Well big man upstairs has been convicting me and really opening my eyes. I have been relying on my faith to save me. But that is only part of the equation. James 2:26 says,"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.". Where are my deeds? I hear you God, I hear you!! I have been stuck in a rut of my normal routine that invovles alot of time spent at church, but thats the problem, it has become routine. So after many sleepless nights (I think God was waking Graydon up on purpose so I wouldn't sleep- all part of His plan) thinking about all of this, I have decided to dedicate my time to missions. From now on I will be coordinating our Sunday School mission projects. With the help of my amazing husband and other .com members, we plan to reach out to our community and bridge the gap between those who believe in Christ Jesus and those who don't. Some of you may be thinking its a big task but give me a little credit, I've got God in my corner rooting for me rooting for Him. I can't wait to update you all on all that God is directing us to do.

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10.

No comments: