Thursday, October 16, 2008

Our Little One

After browsing around on other blogs, it was brought to my attention that yesterday was National Day of Remembrance for pregnancy and infant loss. Thank you Kara so much for posting and more importantly praying for those who have suffered such a loss. As some of you already know, Tyrel and I miscarried a precious baby in March of this year. After giving birth to an amazing son and watching him grow into such a handsome and gifted little boy, we truely know what we are missing. Thinking back to the day when the doctor said we were going to lose our baby reminds me of the many emotions I felt, fear, anger, sorrow, disappointment, guilt. But something I read today proves true to this time in my life, "The will of God won't take you where the grace of God won't save you.". My heart has never hurt so bad then when we lost our baby but now I can say that my heart has never felt so much PEACE about losing our baby. Don't get me wrong, I still have days when I cry my eyes out, but I know our sweet baby is with God. I wish so much that I could be holding my baby in my arms but God felt he needed to hold to him/her more. I can't argue with God, I just have to have faith that our family will be reunited one glorious day and that my wish to hold my baby will come true. With the due date of our baby approaching fast (Nov.3) I look back at what has happened in the past nine months. Ty and I have grown in our faith and for the first time listening to what it is God is calling us to do (which we are so psyched about). Graydon is growing and changing so fast. All three of us have found amazing friends with whom we consider family, who love us and befriend us wherever we are in life. Our family has been extended with a wedding and the birth of our first nephew Asher. My parents have moved closer which is a God thing really, only being 6 1/2 hours away now. And I HAVE been blessed with the birth of a child of God. Cole Jackson Reid. I was with Kara in the hospital waiting for his arrival and so excited when I saw him for the first time. I saw the grace of God shining on his face that day and I knew that I would be okay. I knew that God would heal this broken heart of mine and I am reminded of that everytime I look at him. So to those of you have lost or know of those who have lost a child, please pray for their hearts, minds, families, and friends.

1 comment:

Kara said...

God really has done some amazing things in the last 9 months. I wish you too were holding a little, but I know God hears your prayers and will grant you your wish (1 Sam. 1:27) I love you dearly and am praying for you.

ps - love all the previous pics! Carter enjoyed looking at them too!