Thursday, June 19, 2008

Playlist

Hey everyone! I just wanted to direct your attention to the playlist I added to the blog. I hope the songs touch your hearts the way they do mine. The first is, "Dearly Loved" by Jimmy Needham who is an amazing artist. This song reminds me of how much God cares for me, that He would send His son to die on a cross for me is true agape love. To those of you who don't know Christ as your savior, like the song says, IT IS WORTH IT!!! The next song is, "Held" by Natalie Grant who is also a great artist. This song really comforts me on those days when I feel let down by myself, others, and life in general. When everything else fails, it is calming knowing that I am being held in the hands of God. The third song is, "Always" by Plumb. She has such a unique sound. I can remember listening to this song when Graydon was just born. I would sit in the rocking chair just balling my eyes out not knowing for sure how to care for this little baby. But this song made me realize that its ok if I mess up and that my main duty as a mom is to love this gift from God and keep him safe. I truely love him more each day. The forth song is, "If We Are the Body" by Casting Crowns. Wow this song really hits me. I think we all need to step back and reflect on our part of extending the body of Christ. I will honestly say that I can and should do much more and pray that God will give me many more opportunities to do so. The last song is, "Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crowns. This particular song has been a huge help to me recently. After our miscarriage, I kinda withdrew myself from life. I felt it was easier not to feel anything than to hurt. After listening to this song over and over again, it hit me. God has something else planned for me and my family. Sometimes we don't like or understand why God does the things He does but that is why He is who He is. If we knew everything and could solve our own problems, we wouldn't need Him. I take comfort in knowing that God calls our baby by name and that one glorious day we will get to meet them both. I hope and pray that I will see you all there also.

No comments: