Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hunting 101



On Thursday, Tyrel took me hunting for my first time. It was so much fun. Let me tell you about the trip we had. He took me somewhere outside Ft. Supply and we hiked for what felt like 12 miles (I don't think it was even a mile though) to a quaint little field and told me sit there. Before he went off exploring he gave me basic hunting 101 rules. Then he left and I enjoyed my time hiding in my little hole trying not to move an inch. I spent that time praying and daydreaming. I asked our most gracious God to bring me a deer and help me to be calm (not patient). After awhile Tyrel came back to check on me and then left again. This time he said he was going to walk around the perimeter of my field and "spook" up some deer. Before he left he told me "Be Ready". So I was. Not but 10 minutes later I am hunkered down in my hole praying again and I lift my head to see the very deer I asked God to send me! Thank You God! So I remember the hunting 101 rules Tyrel told me and began to put them into action. I slowly pulled up to my knees and got my bow ready. I checked the distance, about 60 yards, too far for me to shoot her. So God gave me the calmness I had asked for as I waited for her to come closer to me. I probably stood propped up on my knees for a painful 20 minutes watching this doe. Then I hear the pop of a bow and watch MY God sent deer take off into the trees. I look to my right to see my wonderful husband standing there. WHAT?! I couldn't believe he shot at my deer. Oh well. I had to give him a hard time but the truth was that I was thankful to be out there with him and given the opportunity. I love you Honey!

1 comment:

Kara said...

funny story, you didn't tell me that! I am amazed that you enjoy hunting with your man! I am glad you get to spend time together!