Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby

Happy Birthday sweet baby. We may not be able to celebrate your birth today but when God calls us home, we will I promise. I lost you so early but still feel you are a part of my inner most being. I look forward to the day when I get to meet you and our Creator. I pray that the rest of our family and friends would come to know Jesus, so they can meet you and God, and join in the party too! This is for you...

Today is the due date
For you to be born
But all I have is
An emptiness to morn.

This should have been the time
For the anticpation of your arrival
But no one seems to remember
To share in my grief and sorrow.

Why couldn't you join us
To become a family of four.
You'd have had parents who loved you
And a brother whom you'd adore.

There isn't a day that goes by
When I haven't thought of you.
Calculating how far along I'd be
How big my tummy would be getting too.

I look at other babies
and listen to their coo.
I wonder what you'd have looked like with
My dimple, bubba's eyes, and daddy's big ears too!

But I will never know these things
Because you will never be here.
But in my heart you'll always be
My baby, my Halo, & Daddy's little dear.

I know that you have gone
To a much better and peaceful place.
And that the amazing grace of God
is shining on your face.

It doesn't make it easier though
For the pain I have is still here.
I will never forget you my angel
That fact remains quite clear!

(Original by Jager Revised by Me)

For though the pain of seperation is immediate, a joyous future with Christ is ensured through his sacrifice, resurrection, and ascension into heaven.

No comments: