Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chicks dig Scars

Well Tyrel is home and healing from his recent hernia surgery. It was a two hour procedure that left him with about a 4 inch scar and not to mention allot of PAIN. The doctors were surprised to find two separate hernias on one side when they cut him open. Both were repaired with no complications.

On a lighter note... I was so kicking myself at the hospital when I realized I had forgotten my camera. There were definitely some blog-worthy moments. Lets recap... He got to wear a pretty lavender gown that of course opened in the back. It also hooked up to a vacuum looking thing that was actually a heater/ac. No kidding. It snapped into the gown and puffed up the gown making Tyrel look like the Michelin Man. Then after the surgery the doctors and nurses had to hold him down as he was trying to wake up from the anesthesia (he was trying to take off his O2 and IVs. But my favorite moment I missed. The nurse said that when he fully woke up, he sat straight up and said, "That's some good stuff!". It was sad afterwards watching him try to walk around. I told him he walked like an old geaser. He still does!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I probably would have paid money to see those pics. I am so glad everything went well!